Waterbeds and wave shoulder bar

Discussieer hier over alles wat te maken heeft met huisvesting.

Moderator: Moderators

Waterbeds and wave shoulder bar

Berichtdoor CharlesCalais » di feb 02, 2016 15:37

Hello, I'm new in this forum.

I'm a french farmer from north of France. I have 50 cows (holstein). I like to visit french forum to share some farming information.

I plan to build a new barn for my cattle. it will be with slats, and robot.

I'm contacting you (holland farmers), because I'm wondering to buy dcc waterbeds, and in europe, there dealer is from holland.

I tried to translate your forum with google translate, but it is very hard to understand. So could you resume me in english (or in french :wink: )
-Is there some inconvenients in dcc waterbeds?
-If I choose waterbeds, which cubicle do I have to take? Jourdain are ok? or do I have to choose the one from the waterbed dealer BUC? BUC cubicle difference is in the bottom bar which is straight and low. Says, it's to keep cows in the middle. About shoulder bar, I notice there is wave shoulder bar in your country, do I have to take them, or new cubicle are enough design to avoid it?

Hope you will understand my english. regards
CharlesCalais

Re: Waterbeds and wave shoulder bar

Berichtdoor Robert » di feb 02, 2016 17:49

Hi Charles,

Do you want to buy these waterbeds ?

http://www.dccwaterbeds.com/
Robert

Beroep: 't zou wat moeten zijn
Interesses: dezelfde als van de loopvogel

Berichtdoor poekske » di feb 02, 2016 19:14

Wie helpt Me vertalen? Hij neemt best de ligboxen van de mannekes van die matrassen, deze zijn speciaal gebogen zodat de koeien niet van de matrassen rollen. Heb zelf geprobeerd te vertalen maar heb het gewist :oops: lezen en spreken lukt, typen niet in engels
poekske

Beroep: binnenkort zelfstandig slager
Interesses: vlees melk en machines

Berichtdoor Flyinghollander » di feb 02, 2016 19:43

poekske schreef:Wie helpt Me vertalen? Hij neemt best de ligboxen van de mannekes van die matrassen, deze zijn speciaal gebogen zodat de koeien niet van de matrassen rollen. Heb zelf geprobeerd te vertalen maar heb het gewist :oops: lezen en spreken lukt, typen niet in engels

Poeske would like this to be translated: Buy the cubicles from the same dealer, they are special made to fit with the "waterbeds".
I think you would get also a better deal if you buy all from the same, transport will be not more expensive because you anyway have a load coming to you.
Flyinghollander

Berichtdoor wit » di feb 02, 2016 21:29

Don't buy waterbeds :no:
If cows have the possibility of making a choise between waterbeds and other matrasses,they don't prefer the waterbeds.
And the fact that you need special cubicles to keep the cows in the middle is not positive.
When a cow is not exactly in de middle of the waterbed she will always be in touch with iron (n)
For the knees ,when a cow is going to lay down,the dual waterbeds are perfect.
When going up there is no positive effect of the waterbeds :no:
wit

Beroep: Melkveehouder

Berichtdoor Schoonvelde » di feb 02, 2016 23:10

We have 250 dual waterbeds. For crossbreds is it ok, but for Holsteins I would not recommend them. In the old barn we ve erri comfort mats, thats much better.
Doe lekker waar je je goed bij voelt.
Schoonvelde

Interesses: Brede interesse

Berichtdoor CharlesCalais » wo feb 03, 2016 00:41

Thanks for the differents informations.

Schoonvelde, why don't you recommend waterbed for holsteins? because holsteins is fragile? so did you choose waterbeds only for your own comfort?
What inconvenient for erri comfort mats?
In france I can have the pasture mat from cow house looks deep like erri.
CharlesCalais

Berichtdoor HoK » wo feb 03, 2016 21:24

I would strongly reccommend you to NOT buy waterbeds. I have been in some barns where they are using DCC waterbeds. Because the cows are laying on two bumps they tend to lay against the metal cubicles. Most of the things i have heard are not great. The cubicle DCC provides has all the functions to direct the cow to lay in the middle of the cubicle. That should not be nessecary with enough headroom (3 metres on outside rows!)

Cowhouse matresses are really soft but i have no idea about the durability of these matresses. These matresses are very high on my personal list of things i want to have for my cows.

Did you look into deep bedded cublicles? Straw, lime and water is a great way to give your cows top comfort without the hassles of sand bedded cubicles?
HoK

Berichtdoor CharlesCalais » wo feb 03, 2016 22:41

HoK schreef:I would strongly reccommend you to NOT buy waterbeds. I have been in some barns where they are using DCC waterbeds. Because the cows are laying on two bumps they tend to lay against the metal cubicles. Most of the things i have heard are not great. The cubicle DCC provides has all the functions to direct the cow to lay in the middle of the cubicle. That should not be nessecary with enough headroom (3 metres on outside rows!)

Cowhouse matresses are really soft but i have no idea about the durability of these matresses. These matresses are very high on my personal list of things i want to have for my cows.

Did you look into deep bedded cublicles? Straw, lime and water is a great way to give your cows top comfort without the hassles of sand bedded cubicles?

It's difficult for me to choose, I see almost every type of matresses, but they all have some defaults. :(
So all of you think waterbeds are not good for cows. With others matresses, will I make more milk?
About cow house matresses, it's says we have to change top cover around 10-15 years. Hok, compare to Erri comfort wich one is for you the best? and why.
About straw lime and water, I don't like it a lot. I know someone who not enjoy it.

Schoonvelde schreef:We have 250 dual waterbeds. For crossbreds is it ok, but for Holsteins I would not recommend them. In the old barn we ve erri comfort mats, thats much better.
Schoonvelde why don't you recommend waterbeds for holstein?
CharlesCalais

Berichtdoor Petro Pelgrum » do feb 04, 2016 09:05

CharlesCalais schreef:
HoK schreef:I would strongly reccommend you to NOT buy waterbeds. I have been in some barns where they are using DCC waterbeds. Because the cows are laying on two bumps they tend to lay against the metal cubicles. Most of the things i have heard are not great. The cubicle DCC provides has all the functions to direct the cow to lay in the middle of the cubicle. That should not be nessecary with enough headroom (3 metres on outside rows!)

It's difficult for me to choose, I see almost every type of matresses, but they all have some defaults. :(
So all of you think waterbeds are not good for cows. With others matresses, will I make more milk?
About cow house matresses, it's says we have to change top cover around 10-15 years. Hok, compare to Erri comfort wich one is for you the best? and why.
About straw lime and water, I don't like it a lot. I know someone who not enjoy it.

Schoonvelde schreef:We have 250 dual waterbeds. For crossbreds is it ok, but for Holsteins I would not recommend them. In the old barn we ve erri comfort mats, thats much better.
Schoonvelde why don't you recommend waterbeds for holstein?

With sand in the beds you make most milk :yes:
Petro Pelgrum

Berichtdoor Sander » do feb 04, 2016 10:04

think easy and sheep, use horse shit for bedding. 8)
Sander

Interesses: fokkerij

Berichtdoor poekske » do feb 04, 2016 10:12

You mean tjeap Sander? Because sheep is that animal that hindrik hason his farm, who give soms milk and Whole, and lovely meat (y) ( leesbaar :oops: ?)
poekske

Beroep: binnenkort zelfstandig slager
Interesses: vlees melk en machines

Berichtdoor Sander » do feb 04, 2016 10:37

sorry my english is very bad
Sander

Interesses: fokkerij

Berichtdoor Talis » do feb 04, 2016 10:56

poekske schreef:You mean tjeap Sander? Because sheep is that animal that hindrik hason his farm, who give soms milk and Whole, and lovely meat (y) ( leesbaar :oops: ?)

cheap is the correct word. But sander goodcheap is expensivecheap they say. :wink: :P
Talis

Berichtdoor john jakobs » do feb 04, 2016 11:05

misschien dat charles met een vertaal site kan werken
deze weidegang wordt financieel mede mogelijk gemaakt door ,, de koeien opstal boeren ,,
john jakobs

Interesses: koeien en techniek

Volgende

Keer terug naar Koe en stal