Selection area

Discussieer hier over alles wat te maken heeft met huisvesting.

Moderator: Moderators

Selection area

Berichtdoor Grassman » za sep 10, 2016 21:54

Hi , I'm new to the forum I come from Ireland. Apologies my Dutch isn't too good. I am going to build a new selection area for the koes after they leave the melkstal. I know in Holland you have really nice barns and do any if you have any good pictures of your selection area? I need a good hoof trimming box and ai stalls and a place to treat sick cows. Any help would be most appreciated . Grassman
Grassman

Re: Selection area

Berichtdoor Flyinghollander » zo sep 11, 2016 00:41

Depends a bit on the amount cows you plan to build for.
A will have soon a cow treatment "street", but my inseminator is working when the milking is there, so select, do preg-check or insemination a back to the group.
But if you will do this after milking, you should have a resting area for the cows.
Flyinghollander

Berichtdoor HoK » zo sep 11, 2016 10:58

Are you running a full indoor farm or are your cows grazing a lot of their time?
HoK

Berichtdoor Grassman » zo sep 11, 2016 14:35

Around 200 cows in the herd. They are autumn winter calving. The herd will be fully closed in the barn for 5-6months of the year then normally outdoor grazing for the summer months birth night and day. I plan to have a selection area with freestalls or cubicles is what we call them in Ireland. Cows needing treatment can lay down and rest and eat silage until milking is finished then they can be treated or AI. I'm looking for ideas. I also plan to build a rapid exit melkstal under the same roof.
Grassman

Berichtdoor chiel1909 » zo sep 11, 2016 17:40

i suppose you are not building with headlocks at the feedlane, so i think a crush would be handy for example your TB test. or other things where you need the whole herd to check. if i can give you a tip than don't build the crush longer than for 4 or 5 cows that sounds quit small but if you build it larger the first cow will walk back if the last one is coming in and that way you need more people to stand at the side of the crush to keep them pushed up. and you might want to build the crush in a way you could use is from your waitingpen in front of the parlour or when the cows are coming from the parlour so when you have a herdtest you could check the cows when they are coming right out the parlour.
chiel1909

Berichtdoor Frans V » ma okt 03, 2016 00:04

Manual or automatic separation? If it will be automatic the best is to manage that the normal cows go to the left or the right and the separate cows straight ahaid because of the speed the cows pass the gate
Blijf positief, gun anderen een kans
Frans V

Berichtdoor Grassman » ma okt 10, 2016 15:23

It will be automatic seperation, planning a 3 way gate.
Grassman

Keer terug naar Koe en stal